Wednesday, June 17, 2009

People - behind my lens!

I am very happy; I was asked to do a little photography at the wedding of boy's brother. Boy's Mom asked me about a big blank space on the back of their house (their yard is the wedding setting and it is soooo perfect!), where it was just plain siding - no windows or trim or doors - and she thought it might look funny in photos to see such an expanse of nothingness... I noticed it also had the garden hose attached to it, so I thought yeah, it could do with a little covering (even though I really didn't think it was an eye-sore) so I snatched up the opportunity share a little idea I love!



I saw the above left image quite a while ago on a blog and ever since it has popped up over and over... Anyways, the bride and M.I.L both loved the idea and I was also asked to take care of the guestbook so I will set have them side by side and everyone who signs also gets a photo taken.
Their colours are blue and orange; I am thinking Ikea might have a bold fabric pattern that would work. Or Urban Outfitters, if they had a sheet sale; thats what the above prints are from.

AND I was thinking of maybe having a bin of optional props to make it a lil more fun, but I am not sure if that would be the best idea in the world, I will have to talk to the bride about that a little more... I am pretty sure the groom would like it.
Tell me what you think!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ayla this is an awesome idea!! i love it!
molly

cara said...

I love this idea. I really wanted to do this at our wedding but it was yet another idea that didn't quite make it to the day!

Susie Q said...

well I'm sure you have plenty of props left over from our op shopping days :o) Great idea, I should send you some of those photos I took of you in that mint green marilyn munroe dress...

I sent you a package in the mail today!