Thursday, March 26, 2009
Broom & Roll
This is a partner game. one person hold a roll of toilet paper between the knees. The other person holds a broom or stick between the knees while thier eyes are covered or blindfolded.
The person with the toilet paper graps their partner hands and guide them to getting the stick in the hole of the toilet paper. The partners who does it in the fastest time wins. This can be done one at a time or pair up the partners to see who wins first.
Design the dress
in teams design something out of either toilet paper or butcher paper or something... or a sketch? Bride judges etc.
Questions about Groom
have questions answered about groom before-hand. At party, hand out questions that people can ask in order. Every time she is wrong she puts gum in her mouth. Could also put the questions in balloons to be popped.
Apron gift & memory game
Buy an apron and have the bridal party buy lots of utensils to pin on the apron. Make them practical and a couple of things they would never think of buying until they need them. Pin all of the items on the apron. Have the bride wear the apron in front of all of the guests. Have her walk around the room for about 2 minutes. Then have the bride go into another room and have the guests try to list as many things as they can remember seeing pinned to the brides apron. The person with the most wins! Then tell the bride she gets to keep the apron!!
Another thing to think about:
Will add/edit later
So, readers any more good ones?! Please comment!
PS like how I added the followers icon so everyone can see my one follower? I like it. :D
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Anyways its about time to wrap up my day and head home... siigh
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Its going to be one of those weeks I think ............
Just thought I'd pop in and say hi.
Its also going to be one of those weeks, I think, where I wish I was a stay at home mom - I just feel like cooking and cleaning and having a sexy husband that comes home to me!! haha... well okay okay... maybe its just sucky having to work. And I have to quit my job this week so they've got 2 weeks to find someone new. Yahoo! Back to schooool!
ps I've been enjoying this fantastic lady's blog much-o lately. Like, almost my favorite. We both love simplicity.
Her's was one of the first blogs I read, I believe. And then she posted about this dress and I kinda felt it was so totally... wrong... that I like totally lost faith in her taste. Now I like her again. She's won me back. Thanks Kelly! (her PMSing posts are the best)
Friday, March 13, 2009
Yep well, now you do.
It does make me happy though. And Thursday's Thrifting Thrill was... Thatisfactory.
I got a dress, just a dress, just a cute lil dress with flowers, of all things, on it and it is really comfy - I know cause I'm wearing it right now.
Couldn't wait to throw it in the wash when I got home from VV (along with those jeans - I seriously did it - that I CUT UP the second I got home yesterday) and then in the dryer and now its all clean and purdy! I can't find a picture of it online anywhere but did you know there are a lot of people who take pictures of their outfit like every day so they can post it on flickr or their blog and stuff like that? INTERESTING use of time. But then again, here is me writing about it and I coulda saved a lot of words by just having a photo.
Tonight I am dressing up in my slashed jeans, runners, shirt and vest as a costume for my roll in a murder mystery. I am supposed to be crude, feminist, defensive toward men, and an alcoholic. A suspect for the murder of Tom Cruise. Of all things... exactly what I'm not! Well, I guess I better get good at acting, and FAst!
There is not much more to say today.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Organize! My bedroom is hectic. I think I need to donate some clothes to Value Village again. Maybe then I could reward myself with a trip to VV for a bit of a shop around. :D
This sounds like a really good plan! Yay! I shall report tomorrow on what comes of it!
Thank you, Sartorialist - These women came across as beauties to me today!
a) because I often use a purse for it being 'convenient' and then so many get forgotten - like the kind that don't go on my shoulder.
b) the textures in that skirt & coat outfit are so yummy and
c) I wanna go home and put a couple rips in some jeans and roll them up now. VERY sexy!
PS. I collect purses/bags and a lot of them go unused. I can't decide if I would be happier without them or to keep them all forever so I can re-enjoy them in 20, 40 and 70 years? I could never decide which ones to keep anyways. Forget it I shall hoard forever.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
an island so green, it glows! 2nd thought, this looks dumb dumb dumb
But I loved my evening last night because I went to see my boy, cupcakes and a new plant in tow. All the other plants in his house are done and gone and I can hardly bare the thought of no greenery anymore. So I got him just a lil one from ikea, it looks rather strange, like no plant I've seen before but probably only because it is still so teansy. But I picked it because it has very rounded leaves which is good Feng Shui. No, I don't practice Feng Shui, I just know a few things about it and therefore I do those few certain things whenever I think of them because it just seems better than the alternatives. Because I know you were about to ask. I wanted to take him outside under the stars because the moon was so big and bright and beautiful, and requested the biggest hill he knows in the area. I got a tiny parking lot surrounded by trees... And, well, me in my unprepared-ness didn't have blankets or anything with me anyways so sitting on a hill would've been rather uncomfortable anyways. It was nice in my head... just him. me. on a hill. Gazing at the universe. He loves Orion, the constellation, because he has it on his chest. Its true. How do these sorts of crazy things happen to little things like people? Well they do and it's neat, and if only to raise the question, I suppose it's worthwhile for God to throw something in there like that. I'm babbling.
The reason it was a good evening was not, however, because we ended up finding a park and a baseball diamond to look up from in the freezing cold while clutching our Tim Horton's for dear life. It was the talks. We talked about our future, our plans, and again - again - it was all put in the right perspective. About working toward our goals. And I loved that he suggested I start a journal where I record anything and everything I deem important every. single. day. Because our grandkids could pick it up and read it and it would mean so much. I can admit I would love to read my grandma's journals; think of the experiences, the advice, things taught to children, to their partner... Also it would really help me, because so often I don't know how I feel about something but only because I don't take the time to stop and think about it. My brain doesn't automatically come up with feelings, it blocks them more or less. So I need to train it to let them through and also to let other people know about them.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
From pomlove's shop on etsy.
Drika B's shop has plenty of bags all about the same with different shapes. I don't blame her cause it's simple and nice!
I decided to make one that incorporated all the things I want to work on and incorporate more into my lifestyle. Fresh fruits & Veggies was the 1st thing I added! Then Water. Then Yoga. Then... everything else. Here it is!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
via A Cup of Jo (thank you!)
Monday, March 2, 2009
So, Here is what didn't get done by the time I turned 21. I'm actually Surprised that I did that much! Well, I suppose some got scratched off after I turned 21, but still, this is what's left:
1. Go to a farmer's market on a Saturday morning
4. Make a big batch of home made bread
6. Host a nice dinner party with nice food
8. Make my inspiration board an actual inspiration to me; collect the things that inspire me better
9. Make a mix CD of all the songs that remind the boy and I of each other. In a good way.
10. Get weight down to 130 (this means keeping up the early am workouts)
14. Watch the rest of Audrey Hepburn's films
15. Find or make a rubber stamp that I love - for stationary, 'business card' and anything else I want to brand! Something custom/original would be best so I might have to learn to make one.
18. Tell the boy the story of my life. Start to finish. No details missed. Everything I can remember. And ask the same of him (that will take a while longer though!).
20. Learn to take better photos. Get my hands on my old 35mm maybe? Because my digital is seriously lacking functionality these days.
#20 is actually sort of done because I did get a new camera that is greaaat but I do still need to study up on F-stops and Apertures etc because I haven't yet sat down for more than a half hour to flip through my camera's settings and try stuff and I most definetly didn't memorize what did what so I need to really LEARN it. So I leave it there. Anyways, here we go with the new list of 21 things to do before I turn 22 (?!?!! GASP!!?)1. Shop at a farmer's market on a Saturday morning
2. Make a big batch of bread
3. Host a nice dinner party with nice food
4. Make inspiration board that's an actual inspiration to me; collect the things that inspire me better
5. Make a mix CD of all the songs that remind the boy and I of each other. In a good way.
6. Get weight back to 130
7. Watch the rest of Audrey Hepburn's films
8. Find or make a rubber stamp that I love - for stationary, 'business card' and anything else I want to brand! Something custom/original would be best so I might have to learn to make one.
9. Tell the boy the story of my life. Start to finish. No details missed. Everything I can remember. And ask the same of him (that will take a while longer though!).
10. Learn to take better photos.
11. See my boy at least 4 times a week
12. Take better care of my skin (no sugar!)
13. Perfect a cupcake and icing recipe. Like perfect enough that people would pay money for them. (Crave can't be the best on earth can it?!)
14. Complete my 'Management Certificate' in Interior Design (1st year) - to be accomplished August 2009
15. Develop a greater sense of romanticism
16. Live more in the present & use my time wisely. Be content.
17. sew myself a duvet cover
18. get new glasses that are totally different and unusual for me
19. get photos taken of me and Ron... somehow (must think of bribe for this one)
20. Learn to cook and master 5 new meals - develop a signature meal
21. try a new sport/activity