Today marks the start of a new project.
An international student competition sort of project. And this year's differs from others because it has pretty well no parametres other than being a healthcare facility. we have this week to research and find out what our community needs, where a good location would be, and how we plan to implement our solution. They are giving us such a broad topic to make us think about helping others and the need for doing pro-bono work at times and what that might entail. So I definitely have a lot of research to do (yay for living with a nurse!) to find out what our healthcare system is lacking at the moment and how we can offer something different in the form of a facility.
We will be judged on :
- Quality of Research & Sources
- Support of goals and design concepts in the executed design
- expression of the clients needs expressed in project
- space planning: functionality/flexibility/accessibility
- aesthetics: imagination/creativity
- life safety, health and welafre issues successfully addressed
- sustainable decision making
- presentation & craftsmanship
All sections are worth 10% (with a grand total of 80% - ok so math isn't our strong suite?!)
And you thought interior design was all vases and cushions :)
now to finish up all the assignments we kindly got extensions on ... : P
If you can, please pass along any info you may have or contacts that I could talk to about what other healthcare services/facilities we need in the lower mainland!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Here is a project I just completed. Literally JUST. So I'm celebrating a little by blogging. :)
Just 3 views of an art gallery we were given the plans for. All I designed is the finishes and lighting; and I picked the lovely artwork :) I have become infatuated with sketchy portraits. Its a new love. Anyways, I hope you like it! I seemed to have troubles with every step along the way in this drawing, but the end result looks a lot better than I thought it would. Still annoyed about the colour of the big chandelier though, I wanted it to be deep mossy green but no matter how dark I made it, it kept looking yellow when I added the lights...
Oh boy are my shoulders sore from doing autocad autocad autocad... and 2 more projects to go for Monday....
Thats all for now!
PS - I just noticed the last banister floating off the ground! Haha - woops!