Today marks the start of a new project.
An international student competition sort of project. And this year's differs from others because it has pretty well no parametres other than being a healthcare facility. we have this week to research and find out what our community needs, where a good location would be, and how we plan to implement our solution. They are giving us such a broad topic to make us think about helping others and the need for doing pro-bono work at times and what that might entail. So I definitely have a lot of research to do (yay for living with a nurse!) to find out what our healthcare system is lacking at the moment and how we can offer something different in the form of a facility.
We will be judged on :
- Quality of Research & Sources
- Support of goals and design concepts in the executed design
- expression of the clients needs expressed in project
- space planning: functionality/flexibility/accessibility
- aesthetics: imagination/creativity
- life safety, health and welafre issues successfully addressed
- sustainable decision making
- presentation & craftsmanship
All sections are worth 10% (with a grand total of 80% - ok so math isn't our strong suite?!)
And you thought interior design was all vases and cushions :)
now to finish up all the assignments we kindly got extensions on ... : P
If you can, please pass along any info you may have or contacts that I could talk to about what other healthcare services/facilities we need in the lower mainland!