Friday, March 12, 2010

Directed Studies: Day 9

I really wanted to get some opinions on the colours I've chosen to use as stripes on the ceiling but my camera is on vacation in Langley. I tried to find a paint website that let you choose colours to give an idea of it, but really they look nothing like what I have here in my hands. Anyways, this is what I've chosen to use as a colourful spectrum look. It will be amongst lots of white, so don't get your knickers in a knot just yet.
In actual life the orange is the only one that is about right. The red-orange is a lot brighter. The teal is a lot deeper. The blue is a lot airier. The aubergine is deeper. And the yellow-green is yellower and brighter by far. But you get the idea? Just to show you how non-rainbow (fa-la-la-la-la daycare space!) my concept will transform to. We hope. Nothing is for sure yet!
I kind of hate the colours when I look at them on here. I swear, that was the closest they had and I tried 3 different paint manufacturers. Maybe they're scared to make their colours too intense on a computer screen. Whatever, either way, I am super excited to show you guys the real thing now! (And how this colour will be applied!)
Ciao for now, have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Leif and Laura said...

ROYGBIV! Where's the indigo/violet???

Ayla said...

haha thats exactly what I was trying to stay away from! I had picked another indigoish purple but I liked the auberginey colour better, and didn't like them together.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving these colours...how can one not be drawn towards a color called "drum beat"? Can't wait to see the stripes

{The Perfect Palette} said...

if you're ever looking for color inspiration, swing by :)