Saturday, September 26, 2009

Don't let your dreams be dreams

I have a CD player in my car.
It is old but it works pretty well other than when you play a burnt CD. Then it has trouble.

If you want to navigate to the next song you gotta be willing to wait a couple of minutes for it to get there. And if you go over a bump the same thing happens'; you have to wait a few minutes for it to find its place again.

I am talking sometimes five, ten minutes.

So yesterday I was listening to a Jack Johnson CD I burnt way back when I first starting listening to him. And I was driving on the highway and I hit a bump that made it stop for a good five minutes or so. I don't know how long it was but it was a long time because I couldn't remember what song was playing when it stopped.

So I did a thing I often do when I get impatient. I said to myself, "self, I want to shut it off and listen tot he radio now, but I will wait a generous ten seconds and if it doesn't start within ten seconds I am shutting it off..."

10


9


8


7


6


5


4


3


2


1

"so girl don't let your dreams be dreams...you know this livin's not so hard as it seems...don't let your dreams be dreams..."



That is the end of my story.

PS: Please ignore the first half of the song if you're listening to it; that is not the point of my story!

No comments: