Wednesday, September 10, 2008

How did we get so stiffly conventional in manner!?

Got an assignment for my Design History class to put together a newspaper from a certain era & culture. Its a group project and we can't seem to decide which to do yet, but since I've got time to do something at work I was searching old advertisements to see if theres something or an idea for something that could be an extra in the newspaper! This is hilarious!
The blurb on the bottom says:
Note to mothers:
Exhaustion may be dangerous - especially to children who haven't learned to avoid it by pacing themselves. Exhaustion opens the door a little wider to the bugs and ailments that are always lying in wait. Sugar puts back energy fast - offsets exhaustion. Synthetic sweeteners put back nothing. Energy is the first requirement of life. Pay safe with your young ones - make sure they get sugar every day.

I am sure glad I know better now, I would have believed it simply because I'd just hope it could true!

Heres another nice one:My my, how humor has gotten dryer...

And what the heck is this!?
Shooting kids or kids robbing a bank and people laughing...?! Whatever it is implying, it sure wouldn't make it into print these days!















AND I could add ads on here all day, but this'll be all..... baby drinking 7Up! People really had no clue what sugar was did they?!













No comments: