Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Letter From a Genuine "Check-Out-Chick"

Dear people hurriedly lining up at express:
I'm standing over here at lane number 4 with no one in line, yet again!

Dear guy with really stinky reusable shopping bag:
I love that you're not using plastic, but did you know you can wash these things? Try that next time. Thanks.

Dear lady struggling to get coins out for 5 minutes:
Please invest in a change purse that opens wider. I think I might start handing those out for the needy at my till. It would really be a gift to us all.

Dear manager:
Can we please check the 50's and 100's ourselves so that we don't have a whining line-up wondering why I'm standing here waiting 5 minutes for you to run up from the back of the store just to put my bill under a little light 10 feet away from me to reveal that it is real?!

Dear Customer who remembered to tell me how his strawberries were:
You make me happy!

Dear little kid who wants to use the occupied mini shopping cart:
I am so sorry, if it were up to me we would have millions of them because they are so cute to watch you use and I know they make you so happy, but we only have 1! I know, 1 is a crazy number to have, but it's true!

2 comments:

Leif and Laura said...

Your mini letters made me smile! Cute!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahehehe - you should send that as a letter to the editor in the Vancouver Sun - it's adorable!